The goal of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee is to support the mission of the chapter and ensure programs and practices that engage and inspire the HR community and impact the bottom line. We will accomplish this by leveraging the differences and similarities of our members, and strive to achieve inclusion that maximizes their potential and effectiveness as HR professionals who drive excellence and innovation in an evolving and growing diverse workforce.
Committee Members Include:
SOCT SHRM Director: Connie Hewitt, PHR, SHRM-CP, HR Director, The Masters School
Helen Block, Human Resources Director, Fujifilm
Connie Hubbard, SPHR, Director, Human Resources, Tronox
Brian Klecatsky, CCDP/AP, Diversity & Inclusion Consultant
Simone Morris, Independent Diversity Consultant
Cynthia Mullins, Legal Counsel and Chief HR Officer, JMW Consultants Inc.
The objectives of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee are:
• Build Chapter Center of Excellence for D&I
• Support diversity of the SOCT SHRM membership/board
• Support diversity of the chapter speaker selection pool and programming
• Create D&I metrics for the chapter
• Showcase and recognize D&I Regional Leaders
• Create D&I regional learning for the membership (i.e. B2B, B2C)
• Offer continuing access to Diversity & Inclusion training to our members
• Create Annual D&I Chapter Objectives
We also work closely with the State Council and SHRM National to ensure alignment.